We are already a week in to May (though I am sure YOU realize that, it’s becoming harder for me to grasp how quickly the time flies!)
I get that we probably are “boring” to most people. My instagram feed is filled with our daily life, not the latest purchased items. We don’t really do big lavish trips- we just enjoy sunny days at the park, our night time cuddle routines, and watching the boys learn new things.
A few of my favorite moments from April..
1. Eli is currently obsessed with his “Go, Dog. Go!” stuffed dog (that was his daddys!! So sweet!) and a bear that we stuffed at the mall together.
2. David & Eli used to lay together and David would throw the ball up. Eli would lay there content as can be watching the ball go up and down.. makes me smile to see David doing that with Luke now.
3. We bravely conquered the zoo together.. just me + the boys (and thankfully my friend Tisha!) It was quite an adventure that included me losing my phone on the safari train, and an incredibly rude train ‘conductor.’ When David asked how our trip went, I simply replied that we were all still living. Sometimes, that’s the most important thing
4. The boys are 3 months & 20 months.. and growing too fast.
5. Eli’s love for his brother grows every day.. making my mama heart on the brink of bursting!
6. Night-time routine..watching our iphone videos ♥
7. Eli is Mr. Independent and will not let you help him down the stairs any more. Thankfully he has not fallen yet- he’s really good about holding on.
8- I don’t nap with Luke like I did with Eli. My goal this week is to take ONE nap with him. I used to nap with Eli every day and loved that cuddle time… now naptime is letsseehowfasticangeteverythingdone time.. but life is sweetest when it’s enjoyed to the fullest.. and right now, that means one nap with Luke!
9. This was my favorite moment of this month. The picture isn’t going to mean too much to anyone, but on this particular night David was giving Eli a bath and Eli was talkative as usual and I was singing & rocking Luke. He is more or less out of the ‘grumpy baby’ faces and is so expressive with his bright eyed smile. I’m sure not many would think this was a spectacular night, but in that moment, everything was perfect. We were all safe, fed, and warm..and baby laughs filled the air.